How to Backwash your bead filter
EVERY SYSTEM IS DIFFERENT, YOU MAY NEED TO TURN AN ADDITIONAL VALVE HERE OR THERE, THIS WILL BE SHOWN TO YOU UPON INSTALLATION.
- Open the sludge drain (the bottom valve on the filter blue or yellow handle) with the pump running and the filter still in the “filter” position. After a few seconds close the sludge drain.
- Turn off Pump, open leaf basket on pump, remove basket and clean. Replace basket, and fill basket with water, if is not already full. Replace top making sure the seal is solid, turn on pump and verify water is flowing.
- Turn off the pump, move the filter head valve (FHV) to the RINSE position, turn blower valve (red handle) on for 2-3 minutes. (You must hear the beads smashing around for 2-3 min, if not turn the blower on and off a few times to break the beads apart) turn blower off. If beads do not break apart with the blower, perform one 30 sec.backwash cycle then use blower again.
- Move FHV to BACKWASH and restart the pump for 1-2 minutes until water is clear in the sight glass. Turn off pump.
- Move FHV to RINSE restart pump, run for a short while until water is clear in the sight glass. Turn off pump
- Move FHV to filter, restart pump.
- Replenish pond water to desired level, add DECHLORINATOR such as Amquel, if you are not on a well. Well owners should use a product such as Novaqua to eliminate heavy metals.
- Sit back and enjoy your pond.